Desc

Random mixtures of sugar and colors to entice your taste buds!

Have a "How to" question? Email them to shivssweetdelights@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Rose's Heavenly Cakes - Review

In my initial days of baking and decorating, I realised that I needed a basic knowledge of cake varieties which would help me to choose my most important part of making cakes - the CAKE itself.

Though there were millions of sources online for cake recipes, a cake book is something that I considered essential. And thats when "Rose's Heavenly Cakes" by Rose Levy Beranbaum helped me. The author is an award-winning baker who is also the author of "The Cake Bible", another of her bestselling cookbooks.



This book contains huge variations in cakes right from sponge cakes, butter cakes to the most sought-after Wedding cakes. The detailed step by step instructions with ingredient lists in tabular forms are one of the reasons that made me buy this.



The book features many tips and tricks for creating tasty cakes with beautiful perfection. Each recipe is also accompanied with tempting full color photos.


For a rate of $26.37, I find this book a real treasure for any baker!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...